Friday, April 22, 2011

The Ol' Red, White, and Blue

I am now officially part of the organization Quilts of Valor. For those who do not know what Quilts of Valor is allow me to explain. Quilts of Valor was set up to provide quilts to injured servicemen or veterans. As a member of this, it is my job to make (and help make) the quilts which will be given to them. I'm so proud to be a part of something that can bring joy to those brave men and women. The women I'll be working with are so nice as well and are willing to help me if I need it.


Anyway, as soon as I got home from the meeting I got started on designing my first quilt. They said it didn't have to be super detailed or anything, but since it is my first one I figured I would start off with a really nice design.


My design
The block design come from "Quiltmaker's: 100 Blocks" magazine (from 2010). The name of the block is by Diane Nagel. I changed to design a bit by taking out some corner triangles, but it is pretty close to the original.


I'll be sure to keep you guys updated. I'll update with my fabric choices next.

No comments:

Post a Comment